- Eating philosophy
- Three questions I ask myself before doing most anything
- Happiness essentials
- Sushi places: fresh, sympa, quick, reasonable
- Coffee places: good coffee, sympa, clean-air
- Japanese cafes: green tea, perfect parfait, clean-air
- Museums in Japan you might like if you like the look and feel of this blog
- Places I’ve lived
- Often uttered phrases
- Movies I love that I never want to see again because they are so hard to watch and I feel too much and I have things to do the next day
- Movies I go back to time and again
- Note on photographs
Hi. I’m Ayuko. Most of my working life as a translator-ghostwriter, I’ve helped clients find the right words to tell their stories, keeping my own to myself. Then I found blogging. Now I can’t seem to shut up. I live in Kanagawa, Japan.
To eat and let eat.
You are NOT what you eat. You are you.
If you and I enjoy an eating experience together, chances are we will get along fine.
Three questions I ask myself before doing most anything
1. Do I like this?
2. Do I want to be known for this?
3. Will this suck the energy out of me?
People I like and get along with
Work that’s me that supports me
A home I feel safe in
Sushi places: fresh, sympa, quick, reasonable
Kanda Edokko Zushi (Their Nishi-guchi location has great lunch deals.)
Uogashi Nihon Ichi at JR Shinagawa Station
Tsukiji Sen Zushi at JR Ofuna Station
Coffee places: good coffee, sympa, clean-air
Cafe Dixans in Suidobashi
Gourmet Shop Cafe at Mandarin Oriental Tokyo
Two Starbucks Coffee locations in Kamakura before 10:00am
Japanese cafes: green tea, perfect parfait, clean-air
Nakamura Tokichi at JR Kyoto Station
Tsukigase at Kyoto Sakaimachi
Murasakino Wakuden Cafe in Kyoto Sakaimachi
Museums in Japan you might like if you like the look and feel of this blog
Tokyo National Museum
Mori Arts Center Gallery
Mitsui Memorial Museum
Treasure Museum of Meiji Jingu
Kyoto National Museum
Kyoto Municipal Museum
Places I’ve lived
Tokyo (Arakawa, Ota, Setagaya, Taito, Bunkyo, Minato, Meguro), Saitama (Kawaguchi), Boston (West Roxbury, Summberville, Chestnut Hill), Vancouver (Chinatown, East Vancouver, Kitsilano)
Often uttered phrases
Why in the first place?
Ah, the same chi.
I have EVERYTHING!
Movies I love that I never want to see again because they are so hard to watch and I feel too much and I have things to do the next day
Movies I go back to time and again
Note on photographs
Except for a few taken by close friends, all photos here were taken by me with my iPhone. I do minimal editing and use no filters.